Ba'asyir New Organisation: Jamaah Anshorud Tauhid (JAT)

Intelligence source from Indonesia says, Abu Bakar Ba’asyir the spiritual leader of Jemaah Islamiyah has formally inaugurated a new hard-line organization in Bekasi, West Java, on September 19, 2008. The new organization is called Jamaah Anshorud Tauhid (JAT), which roughly translates as “Savior Community.” I’m not very sure whether the formation of new group is a new strategy to revitalize the militancy after the JI networks has been dismantled although it was not done in full operations. It’s make me wonder whether is there any links between the formation of this new group and with the detention of two guys who was caught for smuggling the million’s of rupiah to Singapore?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi. How do you see the rise of militancy in Malaysia? Recently we have a bunch of religious bigots opposed the Bar Council forum on conversion issues. Is that an indicator, whether PR or BN government the extremism is still active and rising? I didnt read any of your comments related to the matter in your blog, why?
Anonymous said…
Whom you support? Obama or McCain and why?
raveendran nair said…
Who I support, Obama or McCain... well American have to answer this question. For me, who going to occupy the White House shall be determine by the American and I strongly believe American will vote for the good policy and not based on colour. I support the good policy irrespective of race, religion or colour.
raveendran nair said…
Militancy in Malaysia; it's under control and believe me, we have more logically speak Malaysian than ill minded citizens.

Regarding the Bar Council Forum; I believe about the freedom of expression. If Bar Council have a rights to conduct an open forum, the same goes to the Muslim's organisation who gathered to dissent. The police shall played their role in neutral unfortunately it was not. The blame shall go to the failure to contol the situation not either to Bar Council or Muslims Organisation.

I didn't comment about the issue because the whole things was politicised for the political gain so no impact with my comments. Any way thanks, it shows you are one of my frequent visitors.
Anonymous said…
hi, good site very much appreciatted

Popular Posts