Too Many Crisis

Friend of mine, text me saying, why I didnt give any comment on China's earthquake which the death toll so far has surpassed more than 12,000 and more than 20,000 are missing. Until now I haven't, reply his msg. After going through the news portal and web based virtual news paper, the number of crisis are increasing not only in China but in India, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestin-Israel, Thailand and many other countries. Even the arm conflict expected to rise again in Mindanao after Malaysian army withdrawn from Mindanao, Philippines. So I'm not sure which one I should talk about. My work load in office are increasing and I haven't complete my final chapter of dissertation yet. Any way I will put it on point form;
i. UN's disaster centre has warned Myanmar of another cyclone as 2 million victims of Cyclone Nargis on May 3 still wait for food and clean water. Worst part, Junta are not issuing visa to foreign aid.
ii. After one of the worst earth quake in China, Sichuan provinces with 7.9-magnitude, more than 300 dams having major crack. If it's collapse then the provinces and near by district will be wipe out. 26 Malaysian who are on tourist visa missing and so far undetected. China strictly follows the "One Child Policy". Parents whos lost their kids in the earthquake will be a dying generation. Time for China to re-look on this policy.
iii. Suspected separatist rebels have shot dead seven people in the insurgency hit south Thailand. The number are increasing and looks like no ending for the crisis.
iv. Bom blast in Jaipur, India late yesterday, killing more than 100 people in what police said was a terror attacks. [A little-known militant group called the Indian Mujahideen claimed responsibility for setting off bombs in the western Indian city of Jaipur]
v. This is more important: George Bush is going to Arab Saudi and my intelligence source said, he might be targeted by terrorist. I'm getting sick to follow the war against terrorism/terrorist. It's time to give a due considerations on other security issues too although I don't deny terrorist is still a threat to world security.

Comments

Popular Posts